Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Explorations in Cold Wax Workshops!

The more I work with Cold Wax medium, the more excited I get!
It is really hard to STOP!

I have had several opportunities to teach workshops, in my studio, at the Studio School, and my latest experience, 
at the League of Roanoke artists Retreat. 
Teaching is a passion....so is creating art, 
so combining the two is sheer heaven!

I have been so impressed with everything my fellow artisans have created. 
Below is just a sampling from the latest class. 



Should you be interested in classes, 
or workshops in cold wax and/or encaustics, 
please email or call. 


Alta Mons Creek                   by Sue Furrow


 League of Artist Retreat 2012
 A photo of the wonderful creating space!

 Jane Hadad

 Julie English

 Julia Woodford

 Linda Scharr

 Mary Tousman

 Mary Ann Meador

 Martha Rhodes

 Susan Egbert

 Sue Furrow

Susan Young

Betty Hancock Bright

Susie Peverall
Susie was inspired by the magical pond and the colorful woods right outside the lodge.


Work station set up


....and lastly, I followed up with a critique and further discussion on other ways to work with the media, and how to frame these particular works. 


No comments: