Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Getting Ready...


Part of my creative process is cleaning. Cleaning out my studio space to prepare for what's next; This fall and winter, I plan on trying my hand at using encaustics. Yesterday, I sorted, organized, and tossed things. The rest of this evening is about starting that part of the creative process, finishing what I began yesterday.

Just a while ago, I stopped at Penny's only to find a new flat surface griddle for 19.99 (after rebates). This will be perfect for the encaustic set up which I am in the process of organizing. As I was cleaning, I found a whole new roll of rice paper! It will be perfect for trying encaustic monotypes. Sometimes I fuss about having too many cats, but their empty cat food cans will surely come in handy to melt the wax in. Yes, part of the process is, cleaning things out, but it is also about filling the studio back up. I guess that is something only a creative person would understand.

No comments: