Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fall Colors and Thoughts





the fall of life

young leaf
pale, fresh, crisp green
dancing on a pallet of blooming colors
from the longest of days to shorter days
blistering sun, beating rains, whipping winds
day after day, week after week,
months of pleasure mixed with pain
old leaf
a skeleton of a life
a shell that once held color and life
resembles grandmother's cherished lace.

(C) gls 2009

No comments: