Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Monday, September 1, 2008

Rain

The summer has been terribly dry. I had forgotten the smell of the rain, listening to the pattering of the rain drops on the roof as I drifted off to sleep, and how hard it was to wake up on a rainy foggy morning. Ah, how peaceful it was. It also 'perked up' the landscape and it became much more alive. The road to my house was a mix of fog and sunlight.

Fog and Sunlight watercolor (C)






As I took my morning drive to work, I pass several farms with hay fields. This one, in particular, I love. The way the light falls on it and the fog hangs over it in the mornings. In the distance you can see Tinker Mountain as well as several other mountains that surround the valley. Naturally, I had to try to paint it.

Roanoke County Field watercolor (C) SOLD






I hope to paint more this week. The Lynchburg Art Club is having their show on September 20th and I need to have some new works for that.

No comments: