Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Friday, February 13, 2015

Challenges, Going Back To Basics

As an intuitive printmaker and painter, I have always been drawn to the ethereal landscape. I felt as if I needed to challenge myself, so I signed up for a drawing class. One has to 'shift gears' to think differently in the drawing approach. Instead of gently abstracting, asI have in the past, I now have to focus on details, fine details.

I have also been introduced to Prismacolors, which I had used in the past, but not in the manner that I am now. I am amazed at the painterly look you can achieve with them! Here are a few of my recent drawings, with various challenges.

 A study in values:





A study in contrasting colors:




No comments: