Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

New Studio, Just In Time For Open Studios, of Roanoke 2012

     Well, it will soon be going on four months since I moved into my studio. I love working there. I can spread out, work in a larger format, and leave things out if I want to. I know when I return, I can pick right  up where I left off without putting things up and then back again. That's nice!


     The studio is mainly an encaustic studio, but I will be working on larger format prints, cold wax paintings, altered books, and a plethora of 'whatever happens'. 


     This year I will be doing the Open Studios of Roanoke in my own space. For 10 years, I have been moving about from one place to another. I have loved my hosts one and all, but it will be fantastic to show where I work. After all, that IS what Open Studios is all about. For now, here are some abstract images of the new space. 



No comments: