Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Reflecting....

     This evening I began to go through a large stack of papers placed in my 'art closet' on a shelf. I thought I'd save this for that and that for this, and so on. Looking at some of these tid-bits again, some left me shaking my head (what was that all about?), and some I wondered why I did not put them in a better place for keeping...It felt good to finally have a new tid-bit space so I can now start all over again in that process...well, you know how artists are, right? 
     One of the things I wanted to share was this drawing I did, perhaps it was my first year in college, or maybe my last year in high school. I wish I had titled it and dated it. It was intriguing because it closely resembles some of my most recent works, the ink drawings. Looking back, I can now see how my personal stye has developed over the years. Now, I contemplate in which direction I will move next.  
     I do know that I will be framing this tid-bit of my past, and perhaps calling it, 'My Closet Door'. 

No comments: