Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Little Landscapes



Acrylic study 0

Acrylic Study 1

Acrylic Study 2


Acrylic Study 3


This weekend I painted some little landscapes. I intended these to be studies for larger paintings later on. Typically, I use watercolor, but after re-organizing my studio, I thought I would play with my acrylics. I am not sure I really like using them. I think it takes a lot of practice, or something, to get them just right.

Acrylic Study 4

Acrylic Study 5

I think my next medium to try is Gouache, but I love the spontaneity of the monotypes the best.

No comments: