Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Miniature Collages (cards)

Years ago I began making these cards for family and friends. Soon, I was asked to make them for this so and so and that so and so. Soon, I was making them on a regular basis. I began these originally more than 15 years ago and they have blossomed in size and in the amount of work I put into each individual one. One customer told me she bought one each year for her child, an aspiring artist, so she could start her own affordable art collection. I was ecstatic!



Finally, I had some time and created a few new collaged images. I will have these ( as well as my monotypes) at the Sidewalk Art Show on the City Market this weekend, and after that you can get them at Matrix Gallery in Blacksburg.

http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=10428161&nav=S6aK

http://www.matrixgallery.com/














No comments: