Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

David Eakin's More Than Places Show


Plein air painting is one of the most exciting forms of art because it engages all the senses and infuses the painting with an energy and sense of authenticity not found in studio work. When you have a opportunity, please check out David Eakin's More Than Places Show! David has sure created this energy and truly engaged the true sense of place with each landscape. I was there for the opening and I honestly could not decide on a favorite!


David also included some dynamic figurative pieces full of color and shape. I love the way he uses color to fill the inner figurative space, giving a 'spirit' or 'soul' to each figure as an individual.


Mark this show down on your list of 'must see'!


His website address is on my sidebar, please chek it out! :)

No comments: