Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day

Wow!
What a great surprise, snow at last! I had hoped to get a lot accomplished, but just piddled. I had a stack of art and jewelry magazines collected on my coffee table, so, along with a great cup of coffee, and watching the birds, I grazed through the collection.




One magazine had a neat tutorial on how to make earrings with tissue-paper. I did not get a finished product to show you, yet, but I did get some pretty cool bases. Some of them I will make into charms for another addicting charm swap I signed up for. Yeah, I know.

A close up of a square pair of tissue-paper overlays. Cool, huh? I can not wait to finish these off!



I plan on making a few more of these tomorrow, and doing a few new monotypes. One more snow day was just what I needed!

No comments: