Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Workshop

Today there was an exciting workshop demonstrated by Suzanna Fields at Hollins University. She introduced us to all the various Golden mediums, acrylics, and inks. Many folks brought their own interesting items to 'play' with. Watching the inks, mediums, and acrylics flow was magical!


Days like this are carefree and spontaneous, something we often forget to do, in life and in art. Great comrade and creative spirit was everywhere.
Here are some of the images from the workshop.


To see Suzanna's work, check out her site....









 Spring Grasses (C) gls 11" x 14"

Whispering to the Clouds  (C) gls 14" x 17"

Winter Mountains  (C) gls  11" x 14"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Twas a perfect day and so enjoyed the pleasure of your company, Gina Bean!

Firecracker Kid said...

So glad you had a great time and got to splash paints with friends.
Hugs~Carol