Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day


I woke to a day of rain, cold rain beating on the cabin roof. I stayed in bed a little longer, thinking of Christmas Days past, tracing back the memories. Memories fond and not so fond, no matter. I woke slowly and started this Christmas day feeling blessed. Blessed to have good health, a house, a job I love, someone who loves me for who I really am, friends with beautiful souls, the silly cats, and other wildlife around me, and some remaining family. I feel blessed to have the memories which have shaped me in to the person I am. I am blessed to be able to give something of myself back to the world, with hopes that somewhere I can make a difference. With all of these gifts, I want for nothing else.
I hope you and yours find the same delights in the gifts around you every day, and that your hearts are warm.
Here is a quote that I would like to share.

No comments: