Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wonderful Surprises!


What a nice surprise to get a phone call from David Eakin telling me that I had won first place in the printmaking and graphics category! Wow! Then I got a call from the Bath County show chair telling me that I had sold all three pieces of art! I was really surprised considering there were 634 pieces of artin the show!


I am still in the process of getting my studio back in order. I was thinking about a song by Joe Cocker, "A Little Help From My Friends." I received a wonderful surprise in the mail recently from a fellow artist and I am tickled beyond belief! All kinds of goodies to help restock my studio with the most fantastic items! I am amazed at the compassion and goodness that still lives in this world. My faith in mankind is also restored. Thank you so very much for being a blessing and an angel! I hope that tomorrow I can get in some studio time and collage and paint!

No comments: