Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Sounds of Spring

I finally had an evening to sit on the front porch and listen to the creek. The mallard male and female are back! I love watching them year after year as they return to create the sweetest little ducklings! The creek music is singing with a range of sounds and the greens are a feast for the eyes. Bamboo green, Cadmium green , Cobalt Green, Compose green, Permanent green, and Terra Haute. Perhaps a touch of sepia and a hint of Ochre and Umber. Ah, and perhaps a tad of cobalt blue. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

" Forest Song" watercolor (C)

"Falling Branch Creek" watercolor (C)

No comments: