Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Figurative Works

Grandmother's Wndow (C) monotype collage gls
The Orchid and the Dandelion (C) monotype gls

I do not do too many figurative works...I prefer the landscape and capturing the soul of the earth. But, this figures have an element that ties them to the earth, flowers. I prefer not to use detail in the faces...as I feel the statement is what we leave behind, or what we give back to the earth, not take from it. These figures are in tune with an earthly balance...

No comments: