Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

More Snow...




makes for more creative time.
The driveway is now shoveled, well, at least good enough to get out if I have to.
All the chores are done, soup and whole wheat bread is made.

Time to create more monotypes...
Since I ran out of clayboard, I had to fumble around for a comparable substrate. I gessoed some 8" x 8" cradled masonite panels and decided that would work. While they worked quite well, they also had a different absorbtion and textural rate than the clayboard. I was pleased with the outcome!

Spreading Oak Monotype on gessoed board (C) gls

Colorful Woods Monotype on gessoed board (C) gls

No comments: