Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

November- Art, Cold Wax, and A New Studio Space

Stars  (C)             gls  (SOLD)

November has been a great month! Busy, but great! I have met so many wonderful people and re-connected with folks I have not seen in a long time (or nearly often enough). I have also been honored to have been accepted into two major juried shows! I appreciate all the time and hard work the hosts put into the shows! The hanging of the works and receptions were awesome! 

October began with teaching children's classes at The Studio School, Roanoke, and teaching a three day workshop for the League Of Roanoke Artists. So far, I have been teaching most weekends in November, and I love it! I am always amazed to see what the participants create, and I always hope they have taken as much away from the workshop (or class) as I do....I learn so much from my participants. I appreciate the suggestions for future workshops and I love watching them create art in a new way!




Even though it's been great, I am looking forward to a nice Thanksgiving break. I truly have so much to be thankful for. 

While I am off, I plan on getting ready for the new downtown studio and gallery space, Art ON Kirk's grand opening! This event will be December 1st from 1-5 pm. I do hope many of you will come and see the new space, which houses nine working artists. 


 Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: