Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Encaustic Monotypes

Today I had a chance to get in the studio again! 
Last Saturday and this one...heavenly! 
I multi-tasked today, worked on several cold wax pieces, 
and then dabbled with the encaustic monotype process; 
a process in which I hope to learn more about. 
It is fascinating! 

Here are today's results. 
 Fenced Garden(C)   12" diameter

(Fenced Garden needs a little work...check back to see it develop!)

Rhythm of Spring (C)         6" x 10"

I was really pleased with 'Rhythm' this is more in line with my working style in the medium....be looking for more!

No comments: