Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Darkness



Sometimes darkness falls....
Unforgotten Soul, monotype (C) gls


My very first monotypes on clayboard were figure studies of various sorts. Every now and then I go back and do one, mostly when there's a mood or feeling that is haunting or taunting me. This one reminds me of my father, being a viable force in my life. Although he has been gone sine 1976, he remains a strong part of who I am.

*********************

The following monotype comes from a reflection of standing at the huge picture window in my living room, watching the birds. I tried to create an aura of warmth in this monotype.

No comments: