Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lately...

Night Shadows photograph by gls

Lately, I have been working in the flower garden and yard. Today I finally finished a 7' x 7' patio made from thick brick-like pavers. Being much older now, I need to be careful following through on these huge whims I have, I feel it, lol. My bones ache. Not even a 30 minute dip in the cold creek made a difference...not physically anyway. It felt great, all the sounds of water falling over rocks and the kingfisher darting all about invoked a feeling of peace. Ah-h-h-h.


I am getting ready to make art now. After tomorrows visit to the local gallery to switch out work, I plan on making prints and painting some watercolor landscapes. The annual pilgrimage to Bath County, to drop off work for the Bath County Show, is this weekend. I do love that ride.


I have been renewing my interest in photography. I bought a new digital camera a while back and have been trying to learn about all the amazing things it can do. My first digital camera was only a 1.7 mega pixel camera and I remember being impressed with it, lol. I found a good home for that camera though! I had a student last year that expressed an interest in photography, she even wants to become a photographer at some level, fashion or medical. I was so impressed with her because this student has a keen eye and the personality to be successful at anything she tries. So, I gave her the old camera, a few typed notes that may be helpful to her, and a jump drive to store her photos on. The day after I gave it to her, she came bouncing in my room, showing me her first photos! I am anxious to see what she does this summer! I tell you, this kid is a natural. I pray she follows her dream!


Well, the night clouds are rolling in. Time for me to move along for now.

No comments: