Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Essential New Toy

Well, I have the essential new toy, yeah! I guess some would say I am behind the times, but, my old Dell DJ 30's battery died. I felt guilty spending the money, but hey, an artist HAS to have music, right? I have been busy downloading the cd's that I have. What a process, but it will be great once I am done.

On another note, (no pun intended) next weekend is the Empty Bowls event. Come to Floyd and show your support!
Here is a little more info on that:

March 29th – Empty Bowls Event
At the Jacksonville Art Center in downtown Floyd Virginia.

Come and enjoy some local music from The Statement, Bernie Covenry and Andrea Marshall while eating some fresh home made bread, great soup in a handmade bowl with desserts from the Floyd County Culinary Class. Tickets cost 10 dollars for adults, 5 dollars for children 6-12 and children under 6 are free and you get to take home the bowl! Tickets are available at the New River Community Action Project, Wildfire Pots Studio at the Winter Sun Building and the Jacksonville Center. Proceeds go the New River Community Action Backpack Project. 11am to 1:30pm. 540-357-5657. For more information: call 540-357-5657


http://www.floydvirginia.com/calendar.html

1 comment:

Kim Carroll said...

Gina,

Thank you for letting me know about the Empty Bowl Event. We made it there about 11:15, it is a great event. We love our bowls, and food was great!!! Thank you again.

Kim