Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Sunday, July 8, 2007

New Work, New Directions


Re-Creating My Life (C) gls

Wow, what a busy month already! I have kept up with doing art daily, but have not been great about being near the computer. I have been getting ready for four shows that will hang this month and next.

I also signed up for five altered fatbook (chunkybook) swaps. Making the pages for these is challenging, but I love to get the completed book back in the mail. These little books are gems! I love to sit back with one and savor it over a cup of coffee. (I will try to get a photo of a fatbook on here later).

I have also been gardening. I created a new bed last summer and it needed more work. Not to mention the three huge truckloads of mulch I spread. Now things look so much better. If only my new plantings with with stand the heat.



Well, here are a few new pieces. Some are monotypes, some are altered photographs, and some are fatbook pages. Enjoy!


Messgener Spirit (C) gls

Secret Shadow (C) gls

Misty Waters (C) gls SOLD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very strong piece. cannot wait to see your work in Lynchburg!

David