Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Heat of Artmaking

Summer, ah, it is hot....I am not a fan of the hot, hazy, humid summer. Spring and Fall are my favorites...The heat, however when used creatively is intoxicating. By that, I mean the heat of encaustics.

I just finished teaching a two day workshop on encaustic monotypes. I had the opportunity to work in a fine teaching facility at 310 Art Gallery in Asheville, and I met some incredible artists as well as reconnected with friends while I was there. Each time I go, I learn bit more about Asheville, and places to see....I am always enchanted......and I will go back.....

 The heating of an aluminum plate gives exquisite textures and patterns in wax 
that you can print onto paper!
 I Heard It Through The Grapevine! (C) 


Moonglow  (C)

No comments: