Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

February Inspirations

Ah, February is here and I love February weather.....This past week, I found the mornings particularly inspiring. I am becoming familiar with new surroundings, and finding new beauty all around me. There is a wider expanse of the sky, a view of the mountains, and on a sunny day, a lot of bright light that graces the inside the house.

February also gives me the surprise 'gift' of having the day off on snow days! This past week I had two wonderful gifts, one on Monday and another on Friday! The inspiration of the falling snow against a rising morning sun delighted me so....I HAD to capture the magic of the snowy landscape.

 Lightening (C)  16" x 16" cold wax and oil  POR


 Rain on the Mountains (C)  16" x 16" cold wax and oil  POR


Snow in the Forest (C)  12" x 12" cold wax and oil  POR 

No comments: