Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Artful Dreaming

Emergence of a Dream         (C) oil and wax  gls




Could be the slightly cooler temperatures signaling the end of summer coming, or maybe the fact I have been super tired from returning to work after an amazing summer, or perhaps I just have a lot of unconscious inner ramblings which have been filling my nights with vivid dreams. Perhaps they arose from a Reiki session, my first, which was very enlightening. Perhaps the dreams come from an inner peace....For whatever reason, my dreams are filled with a myriad of imagery and even sounds. Some are waking dreams which cause me write them down, some lead to a deeper dreaming path into a world full of visual language and some sort of geography of my inner most thoughts and visions. My mental notebook is full of these images. Eventually, I will transfer them to a visual reality through art. 

2 comments:

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

LOVE THIS ONE. nIGHT DREAMS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HARD FOR ME TO PIN DOWN. I think the lucid dreams are what I have. Maybe you can dwell a bit on your dream notebook during the retreat workshop. See ya soon!

tricia said...

Love this piece, gina! looking forward to seeing what comes next. xo