Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

History Lesson

Original Photograph "History Lesson" (C) gls

Lately, I have been interested in old walls. 
The one above held a particular interest for me. 
No special reason, other than it was etched with a painted history. 
The end results were these photographic abstracts. The more I  look, the more I wondered about the pits, scratched etchings from objects moving in and out, painting, and just existing throughout the years. If the walls could talk, what would they say?



No comments: