Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Collograph Printmaking- Silly Crow Tricks

     It is time again to send submissions off to the International Print Exchange. I did this last year for the first time and I have to say, it was a grand experience! There were so many printmakers from all over the world that participated in sharing their talent. Proudly, I received several prints from just a few of these printmakers, in exchange. Of course, if there are prints that you like, you can buy them from Green Door Printmaking Studio. All proceeds go to the studio for classes.


    The image I chose to work with was one from one of my collaged pins that I did back last year. Here is my completed plate. I started out by drawing the image and carving a lino-cut. I decided I was not pleased, so I tried the same image as a collograph. (A collograph, is a collaged plate, then inked and printed.)


I am please with the collograph...tomorrow, I will print. 

collograph plate


artist proof - day 1

2 comments:

Marni said...

That's so cool...and what a neat thing to be a part of...are you goign to post pics of the ones your receive too?

Gina Louthian-Stanley said...

Yes, I will post what I get back! I may even post some from last year...They were so wonderful!