Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

New Love

Today I took a workshop using precious metal clay. Everyone got to make a pendant after an excellent teaching demonstration. I was amazed at how this stuff works. Now I know why they call it 'Amazing Metal Clay'! I hope to take more workshops in the future.
Here is last weekend's work. I did several of the mini watercolor pendants that a few folks have been asking for. These are actual watercolors that I created on a much smaller scale, about 1" x 1 1/2" then encased them on a small silver (or patinaed frame) so they could be worn as a pendant or charm. I will have these at the Sidewalk Art Show next weekend (May 30-31) on the City Market. So, if you want to take a peek, just ask me, I'll have em.


No comments: