Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Quiet Days

The last few days, it has been damp and rainy here.
I have enjoyed this break following the holiday frenzy.
Misty Lake monotype (C) SOLD

I have been extremely lazy...yes.
Today I dug through the cabinets in my studio, looking...looking for something...what?
Nothing in particular.
Typically, when I go through things I will find something to evoke a spark of creativity, however, today, I did not find it. What I did find were some old photos and poems that I had stashed in the art cabinet, perhaps when I was cleaning (I often stick things inside of something in order to tidy up, lol). I sat, read, looked at the photos and reflected on the imagery.

Frozen Lake pastel (C)

The images I added today were images from past creations. I chose these because they seemed to reflect my mood and the weather.


No comments: