Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Young Art

I have a special place in my heart for the 'young at ART'. 'Bob', is an emerging new artist. His favorite past time is to get butt nekkid and slather paint on his body then roll on a freshly gessoed canvas! GO BOB! GO! I am the proud owner of one of his paintings. 'Bob' is my best friends child, so I am anxious to see him continue on with his creative spurts.


Kids breathe new life into just about anything. They say and do the dangdest things. I was amazed at some of the quotes from some aspiring artists. I trust you will be astounded as well. Here they are:


Quotes by Students:


"Make art. See art. Buy art." a first grader


“Art is the key to life” first grader


“It’s an art world after all!” first grader


"I love art. I not only love art, I live for art!" third grader


"I run the tundra of my dreams, I howl to the stars of my imagination. I fly on the breeze of my mind and I pour my soul into my pencil. I dream in color, and see the world through a rainbow."

Angela, 8th grade


"Art is what lets your mind explore." a sixth grader


"Art is like recess for the mind." a second grader



"Art is not just a mixture of color on canvas, but a feeling; a magical feeling the embracer creates and cherishes throughout life's journey." Harrison F., 5th Grade


"I might not like how my painting turns out, but I always love art." primary student

"My mind flies away when I do art." primary student


"Art and I are like best friends, like salt and pepper, or socks." primary student


"Just do Art with your heart." fourth grader


"I love art because I can impress myself." fourth grader


"Self esteem comes from being faced with a challenge, whatever it might be, and meeting it." 8th grader


Hope you find this as inspiring as I did!

No comments: