Virginia, United States
I guess you could say I was born an artist! My intrinsic artistic abilities appeared around the age of 1½ years old when I began scribbling colorful imagery on my bedroom walls, later carving designs and cryptic messages on my parent’s fine furniture. Over the years, I have continued my artistic endeavors working as a monotype printmaker, painter, mixed media artist, and jewelry maker.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Landscape


Once again, intrigued by the landscape. I always think of Walt Whitman. Many of my paintings, monotypes, and watercolors begin with the thought of a poem or song.


A Song of the Rolling Earth
by Walt Whitman(1819-1892)

A song of the rolling earth,
and of words according,
Were you thinking that those were the words,
those upright lines? those curves, angles, dots?
No, those are not the words, the substantial words are in the ground and sea,
They are in the air, they are in you.

No comments: